[mythtv-users] Yuan MPG600GR

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Nov 17 07:53:19 UTC 2004

On Nov 16, 2004, at 19:49, Matt Anderson wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> I've just purchased a TV Tuner card (Yuan SmartVDO EzDVD
> MPG150/160/600).  The board is labelled MPG600GR REV 1.1.  I'm aware
> that on the ivtv wiki page it says that this board is not supported
> due to the Phillips SAA7174HL chip but I don't know how current that
> info is.  Has any body had any experience with this board or chip? The
> board also contains the Conexant CX23416 chipset which I believe IS
> supported so maybe there some workarounds?  I've also found
> information regarding mjpeg tools and the "unified Zoran driver" which
> some pages say supports SAA7174 but others give the impression that
> this may just be a typo for SAA7114.
>
> Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Is anyone writing a driver
> if there currently isnt one?  I'm not a coder so as much as I would
> love to just fix it myself I can't.

There's a patched version of ivtv at www.paken.org (Japanese site) that
supports the MPG600GR. I have a GR card myself that I've started toying
with, working on trying to hack together a patch that'll work against
the ivtv 0.2rc versions, but the GR stuff is based off 0.1.9, I
believe, so the going is rough, especially with the very limited free
time I've had of late...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com