[mythtv-users] lircd and automatic startup

Sean Jensen sean.jensen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 07:25:23 UTC 2004

Yeah that happened to me too, I'm Running Fedora Core 2 and the
solution that I came up with was to add the following lines to the end
of /etc/rc.d/rc.local
# start of addition
/sbin/depmod -a
/sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
/etc/init.d/lircd restart
#end of addition

What you also have to do as root is:
/sbin/chkconfig lircd off

This stops the remote daemon from starting at boot time and allows the
manual starting of it in the rc.local file. Now everything works all
nice, since mythfrontend starts when my window manager (WindowMaker)
starts and the remote control responds with out any problems.

Sean P. Jensen