[mythtv-users] Yuan MPG600GR

Matt Anderson poorhatsoap at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 03:49:45 UTC 2004

Hi people,

I've just purchased a TV Tuner card (Yuan SmartVDO EzDVD
MPG150/160/600).  The board is labelled MPG600GR REV 1.1.  I'm aware
that on the ivtv wiki page it says that this board is not supported
due to the Phillips SAA7174HL chip but I don't know how current that
info is.  Has any body had any experience with this board or chip? The
board also contains the Conexant CX23416 chipset which I believe IS
supported so maybe there some workarounds?  I've also found
information regarding mjpeg tools and the "unified Zoran driver" which
some pages say supports SAA7174 but others give the impression that
this may just be a typo for SAA7114.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Is anyone writing a driver
if there currently isnt one?  I'm not a coder so as much as I would
love to just fix it myself I can't.

Thanks everyone.

Matt