[mythtv-users] Upgrading to CVS

Jonathan Chapman jc at izorch.net
Wed Nov 17 00:30:00 UTC 2004

I did run the rpm -e `rpm -qa | grep myth`  and I did the MythTV step
again describe in http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/UpgradeToCvsHowTo
document but now I cant run mythtvsetup i get a missing mythtvsetup
command not found error. I did an updatedb and locate mythtvsetup and
theres nothing. What should I do now? So far i have done:
installed MythTV via apt-get
then followed-> http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/UpgradeToCvsHowTo
got a undefined symbol error
ran the rpm -e `rpm -qa | grep myth` command
Redid the MythTV step @ http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/UpgradeToCvsHowTo

I cant run the front end I get an error:
could not connect to LCDd: connection refused
loads up I click watch TV and I get an error Could not connect to the
master backend server.

How can I configure if I cant run mythtvsetup?