[mythtv-users] Channel Icons

Lonnie Borntreger myth at borntreger.com
Tue Nov 16 22:52:57 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 11:30 -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
> > Since moving to 0.16, I no longer see the icons for the different
> > networks.  I still have them under .mythtv/channels, but they don't
> > appear to be used.  I see that in the "channel" table there is a field
> > called "icon" but it is all set to "none", and there is a table called
> > "networkiconmap" but it is empty.  What do I have to do to get the
> > network icons?
>
> Good start at investigating the source code. There is also
> a subdir "./docs/" worth grepping through ;-).
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-9.html#ss9.5

I knew about that, but mkiconmap.pl dies for me with an undefined
function.  I was looking for what had to be put into the database.  So,
I took the master file, hacked out everything except for one entry that
I knew existed, did the mythfilldatabase with that file, and looked for
what changed.

Basically, the easy answer to what I was looking for (since I don't need
mythfilldatabase to "maintain" my icons) was that the "icon" field in
the "channel" table needs to be the full path to a local image file.
Done.