[mythtv-users] Blue line appears on screen

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 22:32:05 UTC 2004

I am running Myth with a P4 2.8 HT and doing TV-out using svideo on a
Geforce 5200. Right now the capture card is a WinTV-FM. Setup is on
FC2 using Jarod's guide.

A lot of the time I get a thin blue bar on the left of the screen when
watching a recording. When I watch a widescreen DVD, I also get a thin
blue bar appear on the top of the show. More precisely, I get a blue
border on the left and top of the letterbox when viewing a widescreen
DVD.

I have a regular TV (not HDTV). The audio from my sound card and the
svideo output  from my video card goes to another box (can't think of
what it's called), then a coax cable goes from that box to the coax in
on my TV. The box is what you use to hook up a DVD player to a TV that
only has coax inputs.

Anyway, I'd greatly appreciate any thoughts on how to get rid of the blue line.

Cheers,
Lane

--
"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11."
-- George W. Bush, 17 Sept 2003