[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend Set top Box

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Tue Nov 16 19:56:45 UTC 2004

> Can you give a little background on how you're using this? Looking at
> Aminocom's web site they have a few of these devices:
> AmiNET103
> AmiNET110
> etc.
>
> Which device are you using?

Hauppauge MVP1000.  No idea if that's related to the Aminocom stuff you
just quoted.

> Then you have this device and it runs the mvpmc software?

Yes.

> This allows you to watch LiveTV from Myth? Recordings?

MPEG-2 only.  I don't believe that the version I have has a live TV
feature, but I don't watch Live TV.

> Just looking for a real world scenerio, with how you have this setup and
> briefly what you're able to do. I'm looking for a low-cost, quiet
> frontend to watch recordings and mythvideo and has a usable remote
> control.

Low cost, yes.  Quiet, absolutely.  Watch recordings, yes.  MythVideo,
don't think so - it's not really running MythTV at all.  Useable remote,
it's an "ehh" remote.  It's the same silver remote that Hauppauge has
been packing with the PVR-250/350.