[mythtv-users] Problem with mythfilldatabase - tv_grab_uk_rt

scamp scampgb at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 19:53:32 UTC 2004

Hi

I'm starting to lose the plot with XMLTV, so am looking for some kind
soul to assist :-)

I've set up MythTV on a brand new box (Epia M10000 & PVR-350 - lovely
;-) ), and am slowly getting there with the video config.

I don't think I've got the inputs (XMLTV) stuff right though.  It
doesn't seem to update anything in the "channel" table.

I've set my XMLTV source to be tv_grab_uk_rt
I run "mythfilldatabase" and get output along the lines of:

Refreshing Tomorrow's data
----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------
All data is the copyright of the Radio Times website
<http://www.radiotimes.com> and the use of this data is restricted to
personal use only.

RT id 1761 (Animal Planet +1) not known in channel ids file
RT id 1762 (Auctionworld) not known in channel ids file
RT id 1763 (Classic FM TV) not known in channel ids file
RT id 1764 (Discovery Home & Leisure +1) not known in channel ids file
RT id 1766 (S4C2) not known in channel ids file
RT id 1767 (Thomas Cook TV) not known in channel ids file
RT id 1855 (Travel Channel 2 (satellite)) not known in channel ids file
RT id 1859 (ITV3) not known in channel ids file
RT id 1860 (BBC2 Northern Ireland (Digital)) not known in channel ids file
RT id 1861 (BBC2 Scotland (Digital)) not known in channel ids file
RT id 1862 (BBC2 South East) not known in channel ids file
RT id 1863 (GMTV2) not known in channel ids file
channel plus.granadatv.co.uk (177) not seen on site at
/usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt line 197.
------------------ End of XMLTV output ------------------
Query was:
SELECT channum FROM channel WHERE chanid = 1000;
No error type from QSqlError?  Strange...
Updating icons for sourceid: 1
Unknown xmltv channel identifier: challengetv.co.uk
Skipping channel.
Fetching data for Tue Nov 16 2004
[...]

Fetching data for Thu Nov 18 2004
----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------

.... blah blah blah...

------------------ End of XMLTV output ------------------
Query was:
SELECT channum FROM channel WHERE chanid = 1000;
No error type from QSqlError?  Strange...
Updating icons for sourceid: 1
Unknown xmltv channel identifier: challengetv.co.uk
Skipping channel.
Adjusting program database end times...
0 replacements made.

In .xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt.conf  I have the following:
channel london.bbc1.bbc.co.uk
channel london.bbc2.bbc.co.uk
channel carlton.com
channel channel4.com

I then looked in the database
mysql
use mythconverg;
select * from channel;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

:-(

Can anyone please shed some light on this?  I've done several
websearches to see if I can work out what what's going on, but I'd
drawn a blank.

Thanks in advance.
Steve