[mythtv-users] PVR350 sound output not working after upgrade

John Wilson jwilson at transim.com
Mon Nov 15 17:44:06 UTC 2004

Well, here's a little something to try before going crazy with firmware.  When I did an upgrade not so long ago, I had a similar "no audio" problem.  Turns out one of my upgrades (I suspect the v4l kernel module, but I'm a bit of a neophyte here) had issues with ivtv.  It seemed that the sound was the only thing not working, or that it'd work the first time on the encoder, but not again until a reboot.

Check your modules.conf and look for msp3400.  Anywhere you see that, you should replace it with msp3400-ivtv (which I believe is included in the rpms from atrpms (thanks Axel!), though I guess you should check first to be sure you have it).  Once I did this and rebooted, things were golden (I'm running FC1 based off of Jarod's guide, thanks Jarod!).  My relevant lines from modules.conf:

options msp3400-ivtv once=0 simpler=1 simple=0
add below ivtv msp3400-ivtv saa7115 saa7127 tuner

Now I also know there's a way to alias the module so that you only have to change it in one place, but once mine started working, I left it alone.

~John

John Wilson
Transim Technology