[mythtv-users] Building HTPC with Mythtv on weak configuration

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Mon Nov 15 14:32:19 UTC 2004

 	I did a similar thing at first, but with a dual Celeron 300->450.
With a software-based (bttv) card, 400x480 was pushing it.  I never could
test the PVR-250 with it, because the board (BP6... also a BX chipset
IIRC) didn't see the card.  Something to do with PCI 2.1 vs. 2.2 or
something like that.  It would probably have enough poop to do it (albeit
slowly with the GUI, commercial flagging, etc) if it'll recognise the
card.  The ram might be a bit on the low side, since mythtv frontend
(based on QT, etc) it a bit memory-hungry.

 	I'm currently using a single PIII-800 with dual PVR-250's and an
ATI Rage 128 vid card.  It works fine.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss							*
* Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University 			*