[mythtv-users] LocalHostName in mysql.txt on frontend for nuvexport & mythtranscode

Jeff jeff at intersystems.com
Mon Nov 15 14:01:38 UTC 2004

I was trying to run nuvexport on a frontend which is
not also configured as a slave backend.

MythTV (0.6) on the frontend functions properly.

I have the /myth tree nfs mounted on the frontend as /myth.
/myth/tv is where my recordings live.

I edited /usr/local/share/nuvexport/mythtv/db.pm to hardcode
the $hostname variable as the hostname of the master backend
stored in the settings table. RecordFilePrefix for this hostname
is /myth/tv. With this change, nuvexport correctly locates the
recordings.

However, mythtranscode seems to have trouble finding the files.
It is looking for "/<filename>" rather than "/myth/tv/<filename>".

I edited the mysql.txt file and set the LocalHostName to the
hostname of the master backend, and now mythtranscode can find the files.

Is it ok to leave mysql.txt set this way or will it cause problems
with MythFrontend? Does it matter if I might configure this node
as a slave backend in the future?

If it will call problems does mythtranscode use the
same search path as mythtv for locating this file (eg. can I have
a separate copy for running nuvexport somewhere)?