[mythtv-users] What's the best way to keep up with ATrpms upd ates?

Weston, Toby (ELS) T.Weston at elsevier.com
Mon Nov 15 10:14:52 UTC 2004

I use synaptic (do an apt-get install synaptic if you don't have it) to see
what *could* be upgraded before I do it, although it seems to want to
install an SMP kernel on my machine all the time, it otherwise works well.

I've had some success using Redhat Network Applet thing to try and
automatically tell me when updates are available but it often doesn't play
nice. I made sure it has the same list of sources but there was a bug in one
version, sometimes its just not nice blar blar blar.

Also, I think its apt-get upgrade myth-suite to upgrade all of myth (see
Jarod's guide incase I got that wrong), and you can use the -s switch to
just check the output before actually doing it / see what's going to be
changed.

One last tip (I learnt the hard way) is if you keep the old RPMs you can try
and rollback, I think you can even apt-get install something to a particular
version although I've forgotten how. I updated alsa to 1.0.6 and it stopped
working so managed to somehow get the older version back.

Hope that helps,
Toby