[mythtv-users] Re: Need help with DVB-S card & MythTV

Mike Frisch mfrisch at isurfer.ca
Mon Nov 15 05:32:03 UTC 2004

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 01:55:50PM +1000, Paul Andreassen wrote:
> I have a DVB-T from Twinhan.  When I was setting it up, I found out that
> you have to repeat some of the settings like the fec or it wont tune.

Hmmm...  perhaps this is where I went wrong.  When testing with szap,
the channels.conf file was fully populated.  In MythTV, I only provided
the freq, SR, VPID, APID and LO freq of the satellite.  I did not
provide the FEC.

> This was even if the comments mentioned DVB-S, so the reverse may be
> true.  I have no idea about debugging information but did you try tuning
> it in the setup program.

I was hoping there was some sort of debug log I could enable to see the
settings actually being used.

> By the way there is some major patches in the CVS for DVB.

I noticed that and was going to try building the CVS version to see how
it'd fair.

Thanks for the followup,

Mike.