[mythtv-users] Ripping my hair out

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 02:47:58 UTC 2004

Hey Jim,

I have no idea.  This sounds like a problem I had on Windows when I
had dual monitor running on a laptop I had.  I had to put the window
showing movies etc on the primary screen.  Therefore, to do TV out, I
had to use only the TV out display and not use the laptop monitor at
all.  This was a nVidia 420Go ?!?!?

Someone tried telling me it was to do with my overlay settings but I
didn't understand that.

Sorry I could not be anymore help,
Dave

Ps - Stop tearing your hair out...you may need/want it later in life!!!

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 21:38:48 -0500, Jim Eskew <eskewj at alumni.clemson.edu> wrote:
> To follow up on my earlier posting
> (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/93860), I still  haven't
> found a solution to this bizarre nVidia problem.  To review, I have an
> nVidia Geforce 4 MX 420,  and my SVIDEO works out to the TV, but for some
> reason when I do a "mplayer /dev/video0" or any test  capture, the video
> window just turns bright green on the TV, with everything around it staying
> normal.   However, the same window shows the video on my monitor normally
> with sound and all.  I formally used  this card on a Windows box to play
> DVDs into the same TV, so I know that it has the capability.  I am
> desperate enough to go buy a new video card, but I'm not even sure if that
> is the problem.
>
> I did decide to use Jarod's xorg.conf from
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2
> 343;list=mythtv because he has the exact same video card and I assumed it
> would work for both of us.  No luck.
>
> Can anyone give me ANY suggestions??  I don't know why I am the only one to
> have this problem and any  tips would be greatly appreciated.

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH