[mythtv-users] MythVideo and IMDB Setup Help

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Sun Nov 14 10:32:11 UTC 2004

<jhtan.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>   I am quite a noob to mythtv and linux in general, so please help
me
>>> out and be as clear as you can with any tips.  Thanks!
>>
>> Don't use MythWeb for that.  Use the video manager inside the
>> frontend.  You don't even need to enter the numbers it will look
them
>> up for you.
>
>How do I use the videomanager to edit it?  I was only able to alter
>parental controls, and stuff.  I couldn't modify the IMDB number.
And
>then how do I get it to pull the data from IMDB off the web?  Do I
>have to enable something?

Nope.  Press "i" when on a video and it will let you edit all the
metadata.
The one problem I have is that you can't backspace (if using a
keyboard)
when you are entering an IMDB number.  You make a mistake, you need
to enter the IMDB number after the data populates the incorrect data
into the database.

Paul