[mythtv-users] HDTV and 2.6.9

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Sat Nov 13 23:30:19 UTC 2004

> I finally upgraded from 2.6.7 to 2.6.9... and downgraded immediately
> thereafter.  Has anyone else had problems with greater occurrence of
> buffer overruns in the pcHDTV-modified bttv driver with 2.6.9?

OK, false alarm... kind of.  I'm not sure what changed in the
configuration (which is very aggravating), but after writing a few
scripts that do all the kernel and module building systematically, I
am now running 2.6.9 with reasonable performance, which is to say it
uses 10% more CPU when playing HDTV than 2.6.7-ck6.  Otherwise, no
complaints.

Cheers,
Kyle