[mythtv-users] ATI Radeon Linux TV Support

nate s nate.strickland at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 20:42:20 UTC 2004

The config file you posted is not really a dualhead setup like I was
refering to.  What I'm talking about doesn't use ATI's buildt-in dual
head stuff, so you don't need the connectedmoniters options or
anything.  Here's an abbreviated example:  (take note of how the
device section for TV is first, as that means that it will be the one
to get xv.  It has to do with the order fglrx inits the hardware)

Section "Moniter"
  Identifier "tv"
  #put your tv's hsync and stuff here
EndSection

Section "Moniter"
  Identifier "crt"
  #same with moniter
EndSection

Section "Device"
  Identifier "ati - tv"
  Option "NoTV"                       "no"
  Option "TVStandard"                 "PAL-B"
  #etc...
EndSection

Section "Device"
  Identifier "ati - crt"
  Option "NoTV"                       "yes"
  #etc...
EndSection

Section "Screen"
  Identifier "screen - tv"
  Device "ati - tv"
  Moniter "tv"
  DefaultDepth 24

  Subsection "Display"
       Depth       24
       Modes       "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
  EndSubsection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
  Identifier "screen - crt"
  Device "ati - crt"
  Moniter "crt"
  DefaultDepth 24

  Subsection "Display"
       Depth       24
       Modes       "1280x1024" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
  EndSubsection
EndSection

#####