[mythtv-users] Problem following Jarods Guide.

mythtv at heisterberg.dk mythtv at heisterberg.dk
Sat Nov 13 16:19:58 UTC 2004

Does this mean that you do not have audio issues (prebuffering audio)
while watching live TV on the pundit ? If no please share ivtv, alsa and
kernel version (and config files if you're willing)...

lekkim - getting kind of desperate :-)

"j2" <spamfilter2 at mupp.net>
Sent by: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
13-11-2004 17:12
Please respond to
Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

"Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
cc
jcw at wilsonet.com
Subject
Re: [mythtv-users] Problem following Jarods Guide.

Success!

I got my PVR-350 working.. I had done three things wrong.

1. (most stupid) i had forgotten the following: Or rather, for some reason
i got it in my head that this came AFTER the test capture.
# /usr/bin/ivtvctl -u 0xff
# /usr/bin/ivtvctl -p 4
# /usr/bin/ivtvctl -f width=720,height=576

2. I had to use ivtvctl -p 0 (what is port 4? For that matter, where can i
find "whats what" on the PVR350?)

3. Cabling. Stupid here thought that the cables included with the PVR350
where _input_ cables.. But they were output cables. So, after doing 1 and
2 and rewiring a bit, i now did the cat /dev/video0 > file and voila, i
got what was on the SVIDEO input.

Neat. Now to try to get the REST working.

I still love the guide tho!

So, now i have:

Pundit-R
Working TV-Out from the Onboard Video
Working Capture from the PVR-350

A slightly jealous comrade who thinks the software shipped with the PVR is
crap compared to MythTV (he bought a PVR150 for his system) :)

Now to socialize with fiancee, back the mythbox up, and continue on my
travels :)