[mythtv-users] [OT]: Over-the-air satellite and Mythtv?

Marc Nicholas marc at geekythings.com
Sat Nov 13 02:22:17 UTC 2004

I've never much been into satellite, but a friend wants me to build him
a Mythtv setup for his Over-the-air (OTA) satellite system. Am I right
in thinking these systems are DVB-based and I just a DVB interface on
the Myth box?

I'm also presuming as DVB is essentially MPEG-2, that the processing
requirements are minimal assuming the mainboard has hardware MPEG-2
playback?

Thanks for any insight (and sorry for being a satellite neophyte).

-marc