[mythtv-users] Problem following Jarods Guide.

j2 spamfilter2 at mupp.net
Sat Nov 13 00:18:19 UTC 2004

> Alright, I'll bite. :-)

Thanks.

> What does your /etc/modprobe.conf (assuming you're using Fedora Core
> 2) look like?

[root at mythbox root]# cat /etc/modprobe.conf
alias snd-card-0 snd-atiixp
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c

install snd-atiixp /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-atiixp &&
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-atiixp { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-atiixp
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 ohci-hcd
alias eth0 3c59x

# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv

install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
lirc_i2c

> I see the card being detected as a PAL tuner, then further down it
> starts doing some funky NTSC stuff.  Which are you, PAL or NTSC?

PAL; Sweden.

> Also, if you're going the full distance and displaying X out the
> PVR-350 output, how have you modified your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file?

Not yet. TV out from the Pundit is "good enough" as is. Want to get it
working with that first.