[mythtv-users] nuv export speed

Matt Vollmar matt at vollmars.com
Fri Nov 12 19:30:45 UTC 2004

Greg Cope wrote:

>Looking at archiving stuff and have kicked off nuvexport on a 1.5 hour
>~ 3 gig recording.
>
>It seems to be very slow, ie 3FPS, or about 10% an hour.
>
>Is this normal?
>
>Hardware is:
>Pundit
>Maxtor 250Gig
>P4 2.8
>1 gig ram
>
>Thanks
>Greg

It's funny because I wondered the same thing recently, but I get almost
exactly the performance you get.  It does change some depending on what
options you choose.  For example, I was getting closer to 7 FPS with
exporting to MPEG2 for DVD, but right around 3-4 for Xvid.  Takes about
half a lifetime to do a show, but who's counting?  If you have an extra
box, running it there may help.

Matt