[mythtv-users] Distro of Choice

Robert Isaacs RIsaacs at ConnectWise.com
Fri Nov 12 15:58:56 UTC 2004

I use KnoppMyth currently which works well enough if you are just
interested in getting up a working MythTV box as quickly and painlessly
as possible.  Some caveats are:  there are some dependency issues with
the distribution.  You will have trouble developing for MythTV or
getting MythBrowser to work.  The next version of KnoppMyth will address
these issues.

Robert Isaacs

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Gardner [mailto:markgard at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 10:21 AM
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: [mythtv-users] Distro of Choice

I do not want to start a holy war!!!   But what i would like is some
advice.  I just purchased a PVR 350 just to build a myth tv box.
my Setup
Hauppange 350
Sempron 2400
512 DDR RAM

What distribution of linux have people had good experience and ease of
configuration for MythTV.  I've uesed every distribution listed
Mandrake, SuSE, Gentoo, Debian.   I consider my self proficient in all
but not an expert.   I dont mind compiling but for my first box i'd
probably use a binary (or emerge) till i understand it better, then
possibly compile later.

If one distro works with the Hauppange Remote control that would be
good.  But what i'm really after is which one is easiest to configure.

Please No Holy wars.... i'm just interested in your milage.

Mark Gardner