[mythtv-users] Myth Web question disk usage reporting

Noel Murphy bnmurphy at rogers.com
Fri Nov 12 15:26:25 UTC 2004

I'm not sure if this is a known bug, or something to do with my setup,
but I'd like to see others have this problem.

I have a few hour long programs recorded that total 12 GB (roughly).
However, under the "recorded programs" page in myth web, I get a line
at the bottom of the page stating:

"4 programs, using 25 GB (3 hrs 45 mins) out of 46 GB"

Now the 4 programs, the total time, and the 46 GB is all correct, but
obviously the 25GB is not.

I know what is happening though. My 46 GB harddisk is mounted at
/video. There are sub-folders below that called "music", "photos",
"movies", "games" and of course another called "videos" (note the 's').
This last "videos" folder is where the recorded programs (.nuv files)
are stored.

If you add up my movies, photos, music collection AND the recorded
programs, I am using 25GB. So, either I have something configured
wrong, or there is a bug in myth web.
If mythweb is going to take the total disk space used for this
"summary", then it shouldn't say that "4 programs" are using a full
25GB.
It should something like "4 programs using 12GB, X GB free space
remaining" or something that is more accurate as to how the drive is
actually being consumed.

Noel Murphy