[mythtv-users] Regarding audio on Pundit-R (for Khanh Tran)

mythtv at heisterberg.dk mythtv at heisterberg.dk
Fri Nov 12 14:39:28 UTC 2004

Hmmm... I think I will purchase a SB Live on my way home from work - it
will have to be a low-profile pci card since the asus is a little low for
pci cards... Bummer I got the Pundit because it was a bare-bone with room
for two pci cards i.e. two tuner cards.

"zardoz at zardoz.ath.cx" <zardoz at ZardoZ.ath.cx>
12-11-2004 15:24

Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>, mythtv at heisterberg.dk

Re: [mythtv-users] Regarding audio on Pundit-R (for Khanh Tran)

I have the same bastard chipset in a asus p4r-800vm, men it hourts.

actually, 5 minutes ago I installed a 5 years old es1370 card to get rid
that problem you describe.....imagine, it works. ;-)

on alsa-devel & users there were some threads that if you play with acpi
would work - I havent had success.
kernel options you could try (i did all, reboot freaking 100 times)

and, of course a combination of any these......

alsa-dev's talk about acpi-bug, or you need a preemptive kernel and stuff
alike .
don't wanna blame them (i am not a coder at all), but tell me why my e1370

works without any tweaking described above ? it is a driver issue imho.

good luck !