[mythtv-users] To TiVo or mythTV it

David George david at thegeorges.us
Thu Nov 11 12:44:59 UTC 2004

On 11/10/2004 6:18 PM, Donavan Stanley wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:33:14 -0500, David George <david at thegeorges.us> wrote:
>

>>Seriously though I haven't seen anything I use removed.  What did they
>>downgrade?
>>

>Well for one they made it so you can't keep pay-per-view shows on your
>Tivo for as long as you want.  They'll now get deleted for you
>regardless of your wishes.

That stinks.  I have only recorded a couple of pay-per-views and it was
a while ago.  I have been using myth for about two years now (Dec 2002),
and almost exclusively for the past year.  I still have a DirecTiVo
around, but it doesn't get much use and was going to be disconnected as
soon as I finish moving anyway.

Yeah, it isn't nice that they can/will do this.  I guess that's what
happens with lawyers and hollyw**d get involved.

--
David