[mythtv-users] ATI Radeon Linux TV Support

Mark Wormgoor mark at wormgoor.com
Thu Nov 11 08:25:14 UTC 2004

Hi,

> I got it working(kinda)! Ran the fglrxconfig utility setting monitor 1
> to be auto and monitor 2 to TV-out... though the auto-thing didn't
> work for my LCD monitor, so I altered the XF86Config-4 changing AUTO
> to CRT in  Option "MonitorLayout", then both screens showed colors and
> everything(with scrolling on the TV since the resolution is too high
> to fit into the TV).
>
>> First off, I should be more specific, when I said you can't run myth
>> on both, what I meant was with this solution you will only get xv
>> support on one of the heads, and glx support may be tied to that, so
>> you may not be able to use myth and play a glx game at the same time
>> either.
>
> Haha, dammit, yeah, figured that out, when neither mythtv or mplayer
> or anything would show up on my TV, but everything else would...darn,
> then it doesn't do much good :(
>
> There isn't anything I can do about the missing xv then?

Actually, I just configured this last week (briefly, I am now using a vga
- scart cable) and had no problems with xv.  You just need to make sure
that your tv is your first (and I think only) monitor.  I can send you my
xorg.conf (Fedora Core 2, latest ATI drivers) if you want, but it's on my
myth frontend, which is turned off ;)

Kind regards,

Mark