[mythtv-users] Tricks for calibrating X on PVR-350 output

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 06:38:39 UTC 2004

This is awesome.  I am finally able to get a better screen using both
this, and changing to ratpoison (and it makes startup times quicker by
about 10-15 seconds too when i dont need to load up KDE!)

I used slightly different values than those others have used, and have
two questions.

1) is it possible to have the OSD (I believe that is what it is) --
the portion that tells you what program you are watching and gives a
description when you change channels -- to contain the full
description info?  It cuts out at 1 line of description, and would be
helpful if it had 2 or more lines.  I always assumed it did, but just
could not see it, now I see that is not the case.

2) are there values that I should aim for with the GuiHeight and
GuiWidth that will make the prescaling of images faster?  It seemed to
be faster when I plugged in certain numbers...should they be in some
proportion to each other to make the pre-scaling go faster?