[mythtv-users] Australia: program overrun and conflicts

Rob Hill rob at dot.net.au
Thu Nov 11 00:53:32 UTC 2004

Hi All,

Here's an issue that my better half pointed out last night:

          +------------+
Channel 1 | Program A  |
          +------------+
                       +------------+
Channel 2              | Program B  |
                       +------------+

As you can see in the above epg 'artwork', Program B starts on a
different channel, at the same time that Program A finishes. But Program
A runs-over regularly, and the overrun has been set accordingly (6 mins
for example).

This prevents Program B from recording (conflict) - I've just upgraded
from 0.14 to 0.16, and have been told that this wasn't a problem before
the upgrade - ie. the system would record the overrun of Program A and
then switch to Program B (missing the start of Program B).

Apparently it's much better to miss the beginning of a program then the
end of one ;o)

Now, this is also a problem when Program B is on the same channel as
Program A, and a recording over run is set - Program B gets marked as
'not recording - conflict'. Obviously this is easier to fix (remove the
over-run on Program A), but still annoying.

Has anybody noticed this? Is there a way around it?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob