[mythtv-users] To TiVo or mythTV it

j2 spamfilter2 at mupp.net
Wed Nov 10 18:12:07 UTC 2004

> 2. Now for a loaded question.  For those that have gone the mythTV route.
> If you walked into COSTCO and saw a Series2 TiVo 80hr box sitting there
> for $268 with a $100 rebate would you have rather bought that or dumped
> $1200 into a Linux mythTV box?  Would your wife agree?

Over here there is nothing like the TiVo available, but for me it was a
pretty easy choise.

My Pioneer DVD from 1998 is on its final chapter.
I wanted to replace my VHS with a DVD/Harddrive combo (And they are still
about us$800 and up here)
I had all the parts for a quiet PC
I spent about $150 on a PVR350 which might be overkill for my purposes, but
seem like the best choise.

Thats _my_ train of thought ;)