[mythtv-users] More HDTV Questions

Tom E. Craddock, Jr. sigtom at sigtom.com
Wed Nov 10 16:16:07 UTC 2004

Well, I figd it was my turn to throw some questions about HDTV, in
particular some questions about the the HD3000 card and DVI to my 55"
Mitsubishi WS-55413.

Everyone that Ive seen post about installing the hd3k card has been
having to build with a new kernel, 2.6.9 it seems is the one most are
using.  Im currently using kernel#2.6.8-1.521, following Jarod's Guide.
Has it been the experience of any other users that you need to build the
hd3k drivers against kernel 2.6.9? Has anyone gotten the hd3k card to
work by installing it on a machine that followe Jarod's Guide and they
have any pointers for me? Also, do I need to install xine-hd, as in the
docs on the driver CD says that you need a modified video.h (I believe)
that has support for V4L and Im not sure if I have that, or how to go
about getting it.

My second area of interest is a new vid card I got yesterday after
seeing the recent posts that some are having success with a
not-so-powerful CPU combined with a FX5200 in decoding HDTV for
playback.  I picked up a PNY 5700LE from CompUSA yesterday which has a
DVI -I output on it.  Im hoping that my HDTV will accept the signal and
have yet another question about modelines.  My tv only takes 480p and
1080i (no 720p) so I figd Id start with Jarods 540p  modeline for the
audio authority device and wanted to ask if it makes any diff that Ill
be trying to use the DVI instead of the audio auth device?

Thanks for any insight.

Tom E. Craddock, Jr.