[mythtv-users] Broke my X server then it doesn't work

anders smith 4nders at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 14:20:01 UTC 2004

I've been there recently and had the exact same errors ...
what I did (and I don't know which one of the things that fixed it ) was...

rebooted  (cold! ...30 sec completely without power as the pvr card
retains some settings otherwise)

changed the virtual memory system allocation (search the list for the
xact setting cmd)

Cleaned up my module.conf as I had some extra lines that I was used to
having from the 2.4 kernel days such as insert below etc

Switched ivtv driver to 1.10 pre2 ck100zz (had originally gotten .00 installed)

eventually it worked and I haven't had any problems since

rgds
anders