[mythtv-users] Problems with ivtvdev_drv

zardoz at zardoz.ath.cx zardoz at ZardoZ.ath.cx
Wed Nov 10 10:26:25 UTC 2004

If you want to compile the ivtvdev_drv.o you need sources for X installed on
your system.

I am not very familar with fedora, so I can only explain the 'native' way :

wget http://67.18.1.101/~ckennedy/ivtv/ivtv-0.2.0-rc2p.tgz
zcat ivtv-0.2.0-rc2p.tgz | tar xvf -
cd ivtv-0.2.0-rc2p/driver/
make
make install
cd ../utils/
make
make install
===============no you have to choices
install -c -m 0444 ivtvdev_drv_o /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/ivtvdev_drv.o
===============or
zcat XFree86-4.3-incr-DMA-06.tgz |tar xvf -
cd XFree86-4.3-incr-DMA-06/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/ivtv/
xmkmf /PATH_TO_X_SOURCE/
==========find your source with find / -name xf86.h and include the 'xc/'
make
make install
pray and reboot the box (cold boot better)

but even now, the mplayer -vo xv won't work, since we still don't have xv
support with that driver. try -vo x11, and if this still is choppy, you could
consider either using 'mythtv /myth/video/mymovie.mpg' (where you would have
to select the 'use pvr-350 tv-out' in myth settings. OR you download
wget
http://67.18.1.101/~ckennedy/ivtv/ivtv_apps/MPlayer-1.0pre5-ivtv-osd-4.tgz
zcat MPlayer-1.0pre5-ivtv-osd-4.tgz |tar xvf -
cd MPlayer-1.0pre5-ivtv-osd-4
./configure
make
make install
with this patched version of mplayer you could use -vo ivtv or -vo ivtvosd
keep in mind that this mplayer would try to access ivtv directly, as the
xdriver does, so they will fight against each other.
you have to play with the ivtvfbctl and the global/local alpha settings.......

hth

---z