[mythtv-users] queston to the wilsonet.com fc2 crontab

anders smith 4nders at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 07:28:28 UTC 2004

The reason for my crontab question is that when I run mythfilldatabase
in my mythtv crontab:

## run mythfilldatabase every night at 4 am
* 4 * * * mythfilldatabase > /var/log/mythtv/mythfilldatabase.log 2>&1

I get all sorts of problems with mysql restarting because it runds out
of memory and multiple grabber running inn parallel eating up all the
memory and making the hd work like creazy...

When I run mythfilldatabase manually later in the morning (around 8am)
as user mythtv I don't get any of these problems... This is why I'l
worrying thatit might have something to do with my crontab and not
mythfilldatabase or the grabber (tv_grab_dk)....

Any suggestions or insights?

thanks
anders