[mythtv-users] -vo for Pundit-R?

Prash getprashman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 20:32:18 UTC 2004

OK you are using a Pundit-R what has a Radeon 9100 IGP Card. I take it
you are using just your monitor and no tvout. You have three options
here:

- Use stock ati or radeon drivers that came with the distro
- Use ATI's immature accelerated fglrx drivers from rpm.livna.org or
ati website.
- Use Gatos

Check your /etc/X11/xorg.conf. If the driver is set to "vesa" - change
it to "ati". You are now using ati driver that came with the distro.
Everything should work OK apart from live tv etc cos it is not
hardware accelerated driver.

The next option is to use ATI closed source driver which has just
started supporting 9100 IGP. There is no 3d support there. It will
compile fine with a patch. Keep bugging ATI to speed up driver
development.

A driver provides xv support!

The last option is Gatos which is again under heavy development. You
can try it but it is not stable.