[mythtv-users] Hardware for Best TV-Out?

Flo Kohlert flokohlert at muenchen-mail.de
Tue Nov 9 20:27:58 UTC 2004

> Hi,
>
> > I´m currently using a gf4mx with a selfmade vga2rgb converter
> > (http://www.nexusuk.org/projects/vga2scart/) which is giving me uber-
> superb
> > quality on the frontend and good quality @watching recordings.
>
> I just installed my box with this cable:
> http://www.idiots.org.uk/vga_rgb_scart/
> I built my machine with a 9200SE for this purpose.  And I must say, the
> image looks absolutely stunning on my 32" Philips tv.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Mark

Just out of interest do you feel like having full resolution on your
recordings? As my livetv/recorded shows are just not that great as the gui
is, even the osd looks definitely worse than anything in the gui (video-epg
e.g.) It just feels like its missing some lines or doing some
interlace->deinterlace-> Interlace conversion (no deint filter).

Which capturecard/resolution/modeline? Pal or ntsc?

Thx

Flo