[mythtv-users] Red bt8x8 capture?

Pete Cable petercable at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 19:45:28 UTC 2004

> >>Every few captures I do (1 in 5) doesn't work - the picture is EXTREMELY
> >>dark with only red making up the picture.  If this happens when
> >>switching to live TV, I just exit and re-enter, it seems to wake up.  If
> >>this is on timer, though, it can be a problem.  I've missed a few shows
> >>because of it.  Has anyone else come across that, and found a
> >>solution/cause?

I had the same problem (the red, dark picture) with my bttv card. This
is a driver problem that was introduced with the 2.6 kernel. From what
I understand this is caused by the contrast/brightness not being set
correctly on channel change, and I read of some people having success
with some minor patches to the driver source, but I could never get my
bttv card to produce a reliable picture. I just broke down and bought
a second pvr250. Check the V4L mailing list for more info.

--

Pete

MythTV geek http://www.mythtv.org
- and -