[mythtv-users] Help (need modeline?) with GF4MX S-Video out

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 9 17:49:03 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 09 November 2004 12:22, Matthew Conway wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 17:34:25 -0800, Jarod Wilson <jcw at wilsonet.com>
wrote:
> > On Monday 08 November 2004 10:19, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> > > suspect it might have something to do with the TV encoder chip
> > > (the MX 420 I'd been using has an NV17 chip; the Chaintech
> > > on-board uses an NV18 chip).
> >
> > Huh. No problems to speak of with mine. Its a relatively old board
> > now though, the chipset may be slightly different.
>
> I'm using a newer board (Bought in October from newegg) without any
> flicker problems.

I *assume* (yeah, I know...) mine's a newer board... bought it 2 weeks
ago from Directron.  I'll have to check it out more thoroughly.

> I'm on FC2 and basically just followed Jarod's guide - I did tweak
> extra audio buffer and sync of video options somwhere to prevent
> stuttering on some channels, but I don't think I ever had a flicker
> problem.

Hmmm, I'm on FC1/XFree86... I wonder if maybe I should try FC2/X.org...
though I don't think that's the issue, as the console shows the same
problem when booting as X does :-(

-JAC