[mythtv-users] And the bonehead award goes to...ME!

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Tue Nov 9 16:09:24 UTC 2004

I fixed my mysterious video channel tuning problem.

I have a VCR inline to the PVR-250 to make recordings
of all my video tapes and had forgotten about it when
Myth went to record a channel on Friday.  When I came
home Friday to check the new scheduled recordings,
they were all fuzz.  I spent the entire weekend doing
Bare Metal installations of FC2 and MythTV.  Using Jarod's
guide and Axel's RPMs, I got it down to about 3 hours.
After the 5th time, I decided to walk away.  I had to work
at the Buffalo Bills game on Sunday, so I just figured
I'd get some separation to think about what might have
gone wrong.

Let's just say it was divine intervention.  It dawned on
me when I was in church Sunday morning before going
to the game that I had probably left the VCR on and
had forgotten to turn it off Thursday night after making
a mpg recording from Happy Thanksgiving, Charlie Brown.

As soon as I got hom from working the game, I turned
off the VCR, finished up configuring Myth for the 6th
time in 2 days, and voila!,I was able to watch TV
and record stuff as clear as a bell.

What an idiot I am...thanks for all the help many of
you diplomatically offered that explained I either have
a bad card, the cable went bad, etc.  As I've told
many people before - PEBCAK.

I had a very good laugh at my own expense...LOL!

Paul