[mythtv-users] Anybody using XvMC, Xorg, and Nvidia?

Tom Dombrosky tbdombrosky at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 14:40:52 UTC 2004

> I've been having no problem w/ the following setup. I normally keep XvMC
> off because the osd stutters so with it, but have the same issue you
> report where mythfrontend immediately exits as soon as I hit WatchTV. I
> know that with nvidia 6111, I could watch live tv with XvMC enabled.
> That would seem to leave the issue in the new nvidia driver and perhaps
> confirms it's not unique to your setup. Good luck.
>
> Kernel: 2.6.9-gentoo-r1
> ivtv: 0.2.0-rc2k
> nvidia: 6629
> x.org: 6.8.0-r1
> capture: pvr250
> video: nForce2 IGP (32MB onboard GeForce 4 MX 440?)
> mythtv: 0.16
> filters: kerneldeint,denoise3d

The reason you can't get xvmc to work with this setup is because you
have denoise3d and kerneldeint enabled.  You can't use playback
filters other than bob with xvmc.  I have no idea why the original
poster can't get it to work though.  Like someone else suggested, I
would try recompiling myth with the new library.

Tom