[mythtv-users] Got an Xbox, Now what???

Gertjan Assies gertjan at assies.nu
Tue Nov 9 13:34:37 UTC 2004

Hi,

Xebian (the one bitblk.com uses) comes in 3 install flavors, as files on
the E partitrion (save games), in the unpartitioned space (only for
those with a larger then 8Gb HD) or use the entire HD of the xbox, the
latter boots immediately into linux ofcoz

personnally i installed it in the unpartitioned space, because i like to
play a game now and then.
as for a choice of modchip, I modded about 2 dozen Xboxes now and the
Xenium with the 2.0 OS is the best choice by far for me
it can loading bioses from the HD, CD or Samba share, it has
ftp/telnet/http built in, plus
to put a larger HD in your xbox, just add  the new HD instead of the dvd
player, choose copy partition from the menu and
it formats and copies everything to the new hardisk.

Cheers,
Gertjan