[mythtv-users] New Australian XMLTV grabber

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Tue Nov 9 09:58:20 UTC 2004

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 08:37:42PM +1100, Ben de Luca wrote:
> What would be a small fee? and who would we buy it off. The information
> is copyrighted.

Sure, but some people have the rights to it. HWW clearly does, as they
are selling it to Yahoo, Telstra, Optusnet, etc. Those other guys have
the right to display it though apparently not the right to on-sell it.

As to a small fee.. who knows? Would you pay $5 per month?
I would; it's not much compared to ADSL, telephone rental etc.

> I cant believe that the SBS and ABC dont release there data though!.
> Some one should write them.

Good point, but doesn't help with the commercial stations.

Hamish