[mythtv-users] lirc: pre7 vs pre8: a downgrade myth?

Myth myth at umich2.com
Tue Nov 9 09:12:57 UTC 2004

Axel Thimm wrote:

>(Ccing the lirc list)
>
>On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 12:39:54AM -0700, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>

>>Unfortunately, I have no suggestions for the OP, short of backing off to
>>lircd-0.7.0pre7, since lots of folks seem to have had problems with pre8, but
>>I would certainly like to clear a few things up here...
>>

>Well, I've brought that up on the lirc list, but there seem to be no
>critical changes from pre7 to pre8.
>
>	 http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=5735136&forum_id=5339
>	 http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=5765001&forum_id=5339
>
>Everyone with issues in pre7 vs pre8 should really check the
>differences in behaviour and report to the lirc list before pre8
>becomes final.
>
>lirc developers assume the downgrade-fix is a Placebo effect and that
>the problems some people reported vanished due to other factors, so
>please down- and upgrade a couple of times to verify of falsify
>this. And please report to the lirc list, having the lirc developers
>hunt the bugs on other lists is not nice.
>
>Report on successful usage of pre8 are just as welcome (please detail
>distribution, package vs self-compiled and used hardware/driver). If
>you suspect a packaging bug, please rebuild lirc from source.
>
>Thanks!

lirc broke when I upgraded to pre8 through atrpms. Required reloading
the drivers and restarting lirc after boot (see original post here:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/91516).
I have now downgraded to lirc, lirc-lib, and kmdl-lirc to
0.7.0-38_pre7.rhfc2.at. I am still seeing the same problem. Does anybody
have a clean fix for this?