[mythtv-users] PC to HDTV : GHV-1000 : Opinions anyone?

Shawn core at enodev.com
Tue Nov 9 02:42:15 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 13:37 -0500, Preston Crow wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 12:22, Shawn Leas wrote:
> > Features:
> >     * It is not only a video scaler but also a scan converter and a format
> > transformer
> >     * The resolution of PC or HDTV input can be scaled up or scaled down
> > along with their frame rate convert to a selectable frequency
> >     * 48MB frame memory for frame rate conversion
> >     * Signal format can be converted from RBGHV to YPbPr or the other way
> > around
> >     * Input - PC (VAG/SVGA/XGA/SXGA) + HDTV (480i/480p/720p/1080i), FH :
> > 60 to 85 Hz
> >     * Output - PC (VGA/SVAG/XGA/SXGA)+HDTV (480p/576p/720p)
> >     * Input mode auto detection
> >     * Input setup allows for fine-tuning the output picture to a best
> > condition through the adjustment of ADC sampling clock and phase
>
> This seems like a waste with Myth.  Just set the mode lines so that you
> don't need any fancy converters and connect straight from your video
> card.  If your TV accepts DVI or HDMI, it's just a simple cable.
> VGA->component is a little more complex, but you shouldn't need the sort
> of thing you're posting about.

Don't you think you're oversimplifying a little? Yes, My TV does DVI,
but I get nada but flip/flip/flip... when using it. Maybe my TV requires
HDCP. I dunno.

I very thankfully got help getting 480p to work which is nice, and
finally tonight got into my service menu to correct Vsize. That's very
very nice...

However, 540p & 1080i == no go no matter what modeline. The specs of
this TV say those are OK, but what the hell!?

You think its so simple, or maybe you know its so simple, so can you
help?