[mythtv-users] MythRecipe source code

Jonathan Link jonathan.link at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 22:24:37 UTC 2004

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:17:32 -0800, Chris Petersen
<lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
> > In terms of additional options, I think a picture would be cool.  Maybe
>
> Ah, I forgot to add:
>
> description (dunno if this was listed before)
> number of servings
> serving unit (bowls, cookies, slices, etc)
> prep time
> cook time
> modified timestamp
> created timestamp
>
> I also have a "servings_extra" field that I don't recognize off-hand.
> will have to poke in the code and remember why I added it.
>
> > My wife also keeps track of what she served when a group of
> > people were over.  This way she doesn't serve them the same thing
> > in two visits for people.  I'm not sure exactly how to do this, but
> > maybe link in another table with the date served and people present.
> > Right now I just keep track of it in a little spiral notebook.  Yes, it
>
> A per-user comments field for each recipe would be pretty cool.
Something addressing variations would be vary cool. *chuckle*

Sometimes I vary a recipe considerably, and come up with something
better.  I don't necessarily like making notes in the text of the
recipe, I'd rather have the recipe relisted in its entirety without
excluded ingredients, plus additional ingredients, so I don't have to
reread my notes.  I would then like links to the variations of a
recipe listed whenever I view a recipe.
Just throwing this out there...your wife would probably eat it up.
I'm not a professional pastry chef, but I do a heck of a lot of
baking/experimenting, and know that this would be personally useful.