[mythtv-users] IVTV Stealing buffers, MythTV IOBOUND, when using multiple tuners

Matt Mossholder matt at mossholder.com
Mon Nov 8 15:03:43 UTC 2004

Everyone,
    I think I may have tied together all the pieces of why I have been
seeing IVTV drop buffers and MythTV stating that is is IOBOUND when
recording off of multiple tuners. Posting to both lists in hopes of
helping others.

    It appears there is an issue with the Ext3 filesystems and multiple
streaming writers causing performance problems. There is a patch for
this in the -mm kernel tree (called the reservation  patch), which
resolves the issue. I haven't tried it, however.

    Suggested work arounds at the moment are to either use the patch
from -mm or to use a different filesystem.