[mythtv-users] How to stop commercial flagging?

Asciimonster asciimonster at myrealbox.com
Mon Nov 8 11:57:14 UTC 2004

John Patrick Poet wrote:

> Once commercial flagging has started on an episode, it no longer seems
> possible to stop it.  Am I missing something, or is this broken?

First, aswer me this: Why would you want to stop commercial flagging?

What have you tried to switch the detection off?
You should be able to switch the automatic flagging off in the Setup->TV
settings->Playback->Commercial detection menu. To manually start the
detection, press "i" when the recording is selected.

I have one way of stopping commercial detection from the "duh!"
department: Deleting the recording.