[mythtv-users] ATI Radeon Linux TV Support

Marc Eisenbarth Marc_Eisenbarth at gmx.net
Mon Nov 8 02:38:25 UTC 2004

Hi All:

I’ve been looking back through the list archives and I’ve seen a few posts
(albeit old posts) about people having problems with ATI Radeon cards under
MythTV. I was wondering if someone could give me an update of the current
state-of-affairs.

I’m interested in getting a new video card for MythTV and I need one with a
S-Video out. I decided on ATI originally because of the availability of the
Component Video dongle that ATI offers for use with the 9550+ cards. I would
like to be able to use this to connect to my HDTV as well as have the option
to use the S-Video out if this card gets demoted to another installation.

I’m considering a Rosewill ATI 9600 (part number: RW9600-128VD) and was
wondering if anyone on this list had an opinion about that choice. I’ve read
about my pros and cons of ATI vs. NVidia namely X driver support, TV-out
issues, over-scanning features, and interlacing support. With these features
in mind, is this a good output card for MythTV to use both the S-Video and
Component Video dongle with? Is there a particular NVidia card that might be
a better choice? What features will I not have if I choose this card?

Thanks in advance!

ME

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!