[mythtv-users] Re: Highly confused - tuner type=39 ??

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Mon Nov 8 00:49:08 UTC 2004

Don Brett wrote:

>>Because, like I stated in an earlier email, the new hauppauge tuners ARE
>>tuner 47.
>>Tuner 39 is close, but does not have full functionality.
>>

>>It didn't autodetect because your kernel tuner module doesn't know what it is.
>>

>>You need to apply the tuner.c/ tuner.h patch on Chris' website, and
>>

>>recompile / reinstall the module.
>>then it should autodetect to tuner 47, fully working.
>>

>Ok, I'm starting to get-it.  I had assumed that patches were generally a way to get a given package upgraded to the current rev-level (i.e. - run the patch or get the entire tarball), but his patches are for other things.
>
>My existing kernel (and source tree) is 2.4.26, but I see that his patches are for:
>
>bttv-0.9.15-new_tuners.patch.gz
>cx88-0.0.4-new_tuners.patch.gz
>linux-2.4.27-new_tuners.patch.gz
>saa7134-0.2.12-new_tuners.patch.gz
>
>Do I need to get the current source for 2.4.27 and rebuild the kernel, or is it safe to run this against 2.4.26?  If so, what about the others?  Is there a way to determine which versions of bttv, cx88, and saa I have?  Thanks for the help,
>Don
>
>PS - I'm using Slackware 9.1, which stopped issuing kernel source at 2.4.26.  Any idea of where to get 2.4.7 ?

USe the 2.4.27 patch.  It'll patch the tuner module fine.  I'm using
Slack 10, and it's also got 2.4.26, so I know it works.  Well, patch
anyway.  I still haven't gotten the thing compiled and installed yet.  I
just reinstalled slack last night because the previous attempt fubar'd
everything so bad.  I can patch it fine, and compile it fine, but so far
the install is eluding me.  I've got some things to try yet though.

Let  me know if you find a good way to install ONE module and not the
whole shebang.

Mark