[mythtv-users] New Australian XMLTV grabber

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 22:36:40 UTC 2004

You mean the Myth mailing lists!  There is a great gui at 'gossammer
threads', search for that, or better yet, go to the archives where you
signed up to the mailing list and search from there.

I have GMail, so every message from August is in my mailbox.  I just
google search my mail and it scores everytime.

Dave

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 01:40:00 +1000, Paul Andreassen
<paulx at andreassen.com.au> wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 09:36, Michael Cheshire (Mailing Lists) wrote:
> > Paul,
> >
> > Tried your changes - (28 to 26) - still no joy.
> >
> > I note the filename reported
> >  "/var/local/tv_grab_au.foxtel/07112004/0.html" - that doesnt appear to
> > exist - are we looking for something that isnt there?
>
> It took a while but I found the problem.  The data has a pid=0 in it.
> To fix find two lines with "if ($link =~ /\d+/)" and replace them with
> "if ($link =~ /\d\d+/)".
>
> TODO for tv_grab_au
> - clean up old directories and files
> - maybe read / write config
> - multiple region codes
> - fix updates between 0:00 and 6:00 causing epg truncation.
>
> We will never get LEGAL program data!  Read below...
>
> Quote from APCMAG JULY 2004 {
>
> But according to the TV networks, Microsoft may have spoken too soon
> about electronic program guide availability.  They are withholding
> copyright approval for the software giant to use their program listings
> for television recording purposes.
>
> "I'm not really sure about the timeline, to be honest," said Paul
> Marshell, CEO of HWW, the content syndication company that manages
> electronic program guides on behalf of all TV networks.  "We can do an
> EPG for Windows Media Center tomorrow, but the TV stations haven't given
> us the license to do that yet."
>
> Analysts say television stations are concerned that digital recording
> makes it too easy for consumers to skip ads and copy recorded shows,
> which in turn drives down advertising revenues.
>
> }
>
> Does anyone know how to search these mail lists?  I tried google without
> success.
>
> Paul

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH