[mythtv-users] Success! EPIA-M Fedora Core 2

Chris Brodie Chris.Brodie at macquarie.com
Sun Nov 7 21:52:05 UTC 2004

I'd love to hear more about successful combined front\back ends on
EPIA-M's My board has just arrived and due to a mix-up[1] with some
other stuff with my retailer I have an open invitation currently open to
get my cash back.

I'd love to hear more information \ opinions as to wether this is a good
direction to go in. If there aren't any major problems that affect
general useability I'd prefer EPIA-M's. I installed them a many clients
homes and love the low heat(=fans) of them.

I have read about some isolated reports of looks like saturating the DMA
capabilities will lock up the machine. Is there a known workaround?

Many thanks,

Chris

[1] EPIA boards do not fit in a Silverstone LC04 allowing access to
reach the case's PCI slots. You'll need a 0.8inch PCI extender to bridge
the game. These are slightly difficult to find in Australia.